Shelby County has received a $250,000 grant from the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs (OCRA). The Shelby County COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force will be responsible for receiving and reviewing the applications. The purpose of the grant is to provide financial support for the betterment of the people and businesses of Shelby County, Indiana who have had a negative financial impact by the COVID-19 pandemic. These grants will be awarded in sums of up to $10,000 and there will be no repayment for these funds.
To be eligible for the grant, a business must be a for-profit enterprise with the following:
- For profit enterprises with:
- Small Businesses (50 employees or less)
- Business must have at least two employees
- Job retention must meet 51% of the low to moderate income (LMI) level of $45,950 annual income and will be verified by using:
- Income Verification Form
- Document that the jobs being retained would be lost if not for the grant.
- Businesses that received funding from the Shelbyville COVID-19, Phase 2 grant are eligible to apply again, but scoring preference will be given to businesses that have not previously received funding.
The potential use of funds is as follows:
- Employee retention, payroll expenses, salaries, etc. (if the applicant has previously received PPP Funds, this funding cannot be utilized for payroll purposes)
- Purchase of equipment
- Furnishings, supplies, raw materials, inventory
The typical prohibited use of funds is as follows:
- For personal use or
- For personal debt
Applications are available through the Shelby County Development website at www.shelbydevelopment.com or the Shelby County website at www.co.shelby.in.us.
Applications can be picked up at the following locations:
- Shelby County Development Corporation, located at 16 Public Square, Suite A, Shelbyville, IN 46176
- Shelby County Plan Commission, located at 25 W. Polk Street, Room 201, Shelbyville, IN 46176
The following documents are required to be submitted with the grant application:
- 2019 and 2020 Tax Returns, including Profit and Loss Statements
- Income Verification Form
The application process will be from May 24, 2021 through June 18, 2021. Applications are due by 3:00 pm on Friday, June 18, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by the panel and notification will be sent to the applicant after a decision has been made. The Application must be submitted by one of the following:
- IN PERSON to:
- Shelby County Development Corporation, located at 16 Public Square, Suite A, Shelbyville, IN 46176 between the hours of 9am-3pm.
- Emailed to Shelby County Development corporation at email@example.com
For questions, please contact the Shelby County Development Corporation, at (317) 398-8903 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Shelby County COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force is pleased to serve the members of Shelby County and assist with the financial impact of COVID-19.